Trident Fishing Tournament 101

Check here for the latest club news and announcements
Optiker

Trident Fishing Tournament 101

#1 Postby Optiker » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 pm

One bit of recognition of the success of SSWA in its first two years, is being invited to participate in the Charleston County Parks and Recreation Commission's Charleston Trident Fishing Tournament by serving on the Tournament Committee.

I know that I, for one, have seen the results in the Sunday paper, but never really knew how to participate. Now I know! And this is a little 101 introduction to how to participate. I've been to the annual awards banquet last year, and I can tell you that the prizes given out are really, really nice. I'd love to see our club be a prominent fixture in next years awards banquet.

Q. Where can I find out information?
A. It's out there, but you need to know where to find it. It is at http://www.ccprc.com/ctft

Q. When does the tournament start and end?
A. November 1 to October 31 each year.

Q. What categories are included?
A. Biggest fish in various categories (inshore / offshore / line class / adult & youth / etc). If you catch a big fish, you can bring it to a number of official weigh stations, where they will assist you with filling out a form to send in. The weigh stations can be found here http://www.ccprc.com/index.aspx?NID=281 The Charleston Angler in Summerville is an official weigh station. Depending on where you take it, you may be able to release the fish after weigh if you wish.
Ecology - Capture and release. There are forms available at the weigh stations and also available online at http://www.ccprc.com/index.aspx?NID=1101 . Fill out the card fully and send in. Once you reach 100 pts you are eligible for a certificate at the banquet.
Photo Contest - You can submit photos by mail or email to sellis@ccprc.com . There are several winners that receive a cash prize and a large format print of their photo.

More details can be found at http://www.ccprc.com/index.aspx?NID=280

So, now you have no excuse to not participate in this year's tournament! Hope you found this helpful!
Dave Fladd
2000 SeaPro 180CC
1966 Boston Whaler 13 "Flatty"
"It only takes one fish to make a daymaker!"

Bugsmunny

Re: Trident Fishing Tournament 101

#2 Postby Bugsmunny » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks Dave....haven't had a chance to read all the information under the links you provided yet but, when I get time, I'll be sure to read up on it and participate!!
Robert Ford
2013 Scout 177 Winyah Bay
(Part-time hooker)

saltfisher

#3 Postby saltfisher » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Dave, i served on the Trident committee for many years......Can answer questions if needed
Michael Waller
SaltFisher Charters
24' Shearwater - Honda 250 4 Stroke

Optiker

#4 Postby Optiker » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Mike,
Thanks! I may ask you to make a small presentation at one of our meetings if you are game. Skip Milligan semi-volunteered you to help him :)
I will get with you on this and give you plenty of notice - again, only if you are willing and able
-Dave
Dave Fladd
2000 SeaPro 180CC

saltfisher

#5 Postby saltfisher » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 pm

sure....... I have been active with trident for 20+ years.........as an angler and former member of board. I can bring some placques that i have won for visual help too and certificates.
Michael Waller
SaltFisher Charters
24' Shearwater - Honda 250 4 Stroke

Optiker

#6 Postby Optiker » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 am

Awesome. Thanks Mike.
We will be planning our meetings in a few weeks.
I'm guessing January will be a packed agenda, but maybe February's meeting. I will contact you when we know more.
Dave Fladd
2000 SeaPro 180CC

radudley

#7 Postby radudley » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Would love to know more. I think a short presentation would be great.
Rob & Steph (USN Ret.) x 2
188 Sea Hunt
Construimus, Batuimus

Return to “Announcements”